Temperatures vary dramatically across the world, and that can make it very difficult for some of us to sleep. In fact, throughout our chiliPAD review, we discovered that overheating during the night may lead to disturbed sleep.
On a slightly serious note, it can also lead to a lack of dreaming.
However, scientists believe dreaming makes up an essential part of our body’s rest cycle during sleep. Without this natural dreaming process, we wake up feeling tired and lethargic.
As you’ll learn throughout our chiliPAD review, effective temperature control can be the difference between a good night’s rest and waking up in a fog. But is the chiliPAD Sleep System really the best product for the job?
The Coolest chiliPAD Review Around
The chiliPAD Sleep System is a device that regulates the temperature of your bed while you sleep. It features a temperature control box and a hydro-powered mattress topper that fits over your existing mattress.
The chiliPAD comes in a single-person or two-sided version so you can control the temperature on each side of your bed.
You can adjust the temperature via remote control or by manually changing the settings on the control box. Speaking of the control box, it fits conveniently under your bed.
However, some customer reports found during our chiliPAD review suggested buying bed risers to ensure it fits.
Chill out with these specs
- WATER-BASED SYSTEM: Utilizes an adjustable, water-based system to regulate the surface temperature of your existing...
- IMPROVE SLEEP QUALITY: Your body needs a physical change to signal that it’s time for sleep. This change is a drop in...
- IMPROVE PERFORMANCE: Allows for temperature control in one-degree increments so you can reach your ideal sleep...
Along with offering control over the mattress topper’s temperature, the control box also houses the actual water used to cool the chiliPAD. The control unit regulates the temperature of the water, which circulates through the mattress topper via a series of small micro-tubes.
In total, the control box is 9.5 inches long, 10.5 inches wide, and 7.5 inches tall. Plus, it only takes 25 ounces (slightly more than a standard plastic water bottle) to completely fill the unit.
If the water level gets too low, the control box’s automatic shut-off feature will activate. The unit will also shut down after 10 hours of continuous use.
But what about the actual mattress pad?
The mattress topper is designed to fit any mattress, as long as you select the right size. And even better, the cover is machine-washable.
Also, chiliPAD offers a 90-day comfort guarantee, so you don’t need to rely entirely on our chiliPAD review to make a decision.
Our Ice Cold Take on the chiliPAD Sleep System
On the whole, users praise the chiliPAD for its ease of use and effective temperature control. Customers who reviewed the product on retail sites report that the device has helped them gain comfort and ensure a good night’s sleep. Some have even stated that the chiliPAD has changed their lives for the better because of how their sleep has improved.
Still, some customers report that the unit makes too much noise. However, they balance this by stating that at least the unit keeps them cool. Unfortunately, other reports claim the unit has proved to have no real effect on them whatsoever.
- The chiliPAD Sleep System offers a wide range of temperature settings
- Single and double mattress covers offer versatility
- Mattress topper is machine-washable and easy to maintain
- Change settings manually or with the remote control
Not so cool
- More expensive than most alternatives on the market
- Fan noise might bother some sleepers
- Lacking more advanced features, like Bluetooth-connectivity
How We Prepared Our chiliPAD Review
To start, we needed to learn a bit about the chiliPAD itself before we could dive into our full chiliPAD review. Along with the official chiliPAD website, we also referenced expert reviews from sources like Tuck and Sleepopolis, as well as videos from The Sleep Judge and The Sleep Sherpa.
Along with additional information about the chiliPAD Sleep System, we also researched some of the best competing mattress pads using sources like Wired.
For real consumer feedback on these cooling mattress pads, we turned to various online retailers for customer reviews.
Is the chiliPAD the Best Way to Get Your Chill On?
While the chiliPAD Sleep System is a viable option for those craving a more comfortable night’s rest, it’s not the only product out there. Let’s round out our chiliPAD review by looking at some of the competition.
BedJet 3 Climate Comfort System
- Sleep better with on-demand cooling, warming and sweat drying comfort right in your bed, works on any size bed or...
- Powered ventilation cooling rapidly wicks body heat and moisture out of the bed for awesome cooling relief, great...
- Heating mode gives a deep sauna like warmth in just seconds, great therapy for cold feet and cold legs, safer...
Available in various sizes, the BedJet 3 Climate Comfort System offers settings for cooling and warming to enhance your quality of sleep.
Many customers praise the customer support and the effectiveness of the temperature control unit. However, some reviewers reported issues with the remote control malfunctioning.Buy Now on Amazon
Mattress Cooler Classic Cooling System
- STAY COOL: Stay cool all night long without high electricity with this home sleep cooling system
- EVAPORATIVE COOLING: Unit chills a gallon of water that then uses evaporative cooling to circulate through your room
- REMOVES BODY HEAT: Flows evaporated water through thin PVC mattress topper to remove trapped body heat
The Mattress Cooler Classic Cooling System cools your mattress by pumping cold water through the connected mattress cover. Mattress Cooler even claims that their Classic model runs for less than a penny a night in electricity costs.
Many customers praise how easy this system is to use and the effectiveness of its cooling abilities. On the other hand, some buyers reported issues with temperature regulation.Buy Now on Amazon
Ergo21 LiquiCell Mattress Overlay
- Improve comfort for a more restful sleep
- Take pressure off of the shoulders, spine and hips
- Enjoy a solution that surpasses air, gel & foam
Rather than use water and tubes, theErgo21 LiquiCell Mattress Overlay uses a pressure-relieving gel construction. Although this mattress pad isn’t designed for cooling, the gel naturally pulls heat away from your body as you sleep.
Many customers enjoy the comfort this mattress overlay offers. Since the pad isn’t really designed for cooling, though, the effects are minimal and short-lived.
Don’t Give Bedtime the Cold Shoulder
Our bodies are all very different, and the right path toward better sleep may end up different for us all. While some people like to reach for a heated blanket, others find the heat stifling.
If you fall into the latter category, then our chiliPAD review is the first step to finding nighttime relief.
In fact, while writing this chiliPAD review, we realized that a cooling mattress pad might just be exactly what we need during the summer months. After all, who doesn’t like to end a blistering hot day by sliding into a set of cool sheets?
So, what type of sleeper are you? And if you share a bed with a partner, do you agree on the perfect temperature or is every night a battle of degrees? Let us know in the comments!
image credit: Pixabay